Sunday, September 2, 2012

Math Is...

I loved reading all of your Mathographies!  I will re-read them at the end of the six-weeks, at the beginning of the 2nd semester, and probably several other times throughout the year.  Thank you for all of your responses!  I'm looking forward to a great year with you all as my students.

Here's a wordle of your "Math Is..." responses.  Some of you created great similes and metaphors, by the way. :)


By the way, in our two classes, I think we have student representatives from every organization and sport.  I think you were about split 50-50 between which you enjoyed more: algebra and geometry.  (I'm more of an algebra person, myself.)  I loved seeing this comment in numerous papers: "Math is like a puzzle!"  I agree!

YES, I offer LOTS of tutoring, but you sometimes have to specifically get on my calendar...but I WILL find time for you.  And YES, I do offer some extra credit, but I'm still trying to work on my details and changing my philosophy about that.

I know we're going to have a wonderful year learning from each other!  I'm so glad you're in my math class!

No comments:

Post a Comment